Athlete of the month: July
Starting with June, every month we will be choosing a member of the month at GTCF. This will allow us to highlight our hard working members and also give everyone a chance to get to learn more about each other.
So to kick things off, our first member of the month is John Sloan. You can always find John coming to class early and staying late to work on bettering his skills. He is a perfect example of hard work and dedication!
Keep up the great work, John!
1) When did you join Grand Trunk Crossfit and why?January 2016. I was in a rut with my distance running and had been looking for something completely different, little did I know… J
2) What do you enjoy most about GTCF/CF? The absolutely wonderful folks I have met here & that the workouts are preplanned/programmed.
3) What is your favorite movement or lift? Bar Muscle Up
4) What is a Crossfit goal you have achieved that you are most proud of? This year, I was able to RX all 5 Crossfit Open workouts
5) What is a current goal you are working on and hope to accomplish? Currently I am determined to get double-unders.
6) What advice would you give to a new member or someone who is thinking about trying Crossfit?Crossfit is going to be unlike any other workout/gym you have ever been to. Other members will encourage you whether you’re kicking butt or struggling and if you stick with it you will be amazed at what you can accomplish.
7) How has Crossfit impacted your life outside of the gym? It has helped me to be able to keep up strength-wise with my 18 year old son!
8) What is a fun fact that people might not know about you? In my family inner circle, my nickname is John Boy.
9) If you could create your own WOD, what would it be?
Buy in: 400m run
3 rounds (Time)
3 Bar Muscle Ups (or 9 C2B or jumping PU)
12 Box jumps (24/20)
8 DB Cleans (50/35)
10) Fill in the blank: I Crossfit (because/so I can)…I love the challenge of trying to accomplish something that tests my limits.
29665 WK Smith Dr. Suite B New Hudson, MI48165